MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2017 ENTERPRISE 2-CORE
Ready for shipment immediately, delivery time 24h
- Item no: SW10103
- Manufacturer no: 7JQ-01275
Benefits- Fast delivery
- Authorised original product
- Shipment within 24 hours
- Chat, e-mail and telephone support
Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core
SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Edition provides larger enterprises with a powerful newer version of Microsoft's proven relational data platform that combines all critical database, reporting, and analytics capabilities with maximum performance. SQL Server Enterprise Edition also offers new comprehensive features, plus virtually unlimited virtualization and comprehensive business intelligence - at a high level of service - for mission-critical workloads and critical data analytics.
This SQL Server Enterprise Edition is ideally suited to meet all the requirements of a modern, high-performance relational database management system - as is typical for the provision of enterprise resource planning systems, ERP software and CRM systems. It provides all the important functions to make Microsoft SQL Server a comprehensive, secure data platform in many enterprise environments, with various options for use: Choose between different development languages and data types as well as operating systems to provide SQL Server not only for Windows but also for Linux and Linux-based Docker containers - as well as between the options of running locally or in the cloud. Benefit from new insights through In-Database Advanced Analytics with Python or R as well as interactive visualizations including many performance improvements in Master Data Services and Reporting Services.
At Wiresoft you will find the SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core Edition as legally usable used software at a significantly lower price compared to new software - with all the advantages of this edition in terms of performance and security. The licensing of the SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Edition is also exclusively core-based for used software. Detailed information on the functional areas of SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core as well as the related Microsoft licensing terms can be found below.
What's new in SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core? The most important features of SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core at a glance
The Enterprise edition of SQL Server 2017 offers the maximum features and scalability available for this version. In addition to unlimited virtualization, it also provides advanced high availability with Always On availability groups, failover on multiple databases and readable secondary replicas, as well as Transparent Data Encryption and compatibility reporting via SQL Server Audit and Advanced Data Integration with fuzzy grouping including lookups, further also the creation of mobile reports and KPIs.
Additional Business Intelligence features include enhancements to multi-dimensional models, tabular models and data mining, as well as DirectQuery storage mode and access to the Power BI reporting server. With extensive integration of machine learning features, SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core provides full parallelism for R and Python analytics, including the ability to run both on GPUs as well.
In the areas described close below, the respective specifications apply to the SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core edition in terms of functionalities as well as their scalability, performance and high availability, among others:
New database engine features
SQL Server 2017 Enterprise includes three new enhancements in adaptive query processing: Adaptive Joints, batch mode memory allocation feedback, and overlapping execution of table value functions with multiple statements. New dynamic management lists and automatic database optimization - which provides insight into query performance issues, suggests solutions and automatically fixes identified problems - improve performance.
CLR assemblies can now be added to a list of trusted assemblies; further, new availability group functionality includes support for read scaling without clusters, setting minimum replicas for commit availability groups, and the ability to migrate from Windows to Linux across operating systems.
SQL Server Analysis Services
Key SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) enhancements include the DAX editor for SSDT and optimizations to tabular models, with improved object-level security when saving metadata; a tabular mode is also suggested as a default installation option for Analysis Services. With Get Data, new data sources are available in Power Query; existing data sources are supported in M queries. Using Date Relationships, relationships based on date fields can be easily created.
SQL Server Integration Services
In SSIS the Scale Out function offers changed as well as new features, among others the execution of SSIS on multiple PCs has been simplified. Scale Out master now supports high availability, and the failover handling of the execution logs of Scale Out workers has also been improved. The feature also includes the Use32BitRuntime parameter to trigger execution, making it DABEI much easier to run SSIS on multiple computers. Furthermore, SSIS Catalog has another global property to specify the default mode when deploying SSIS packages and also supports SQL Server on Linux: SSIS packages can be executed on Linux via the command line.
SQL Server Reporting Services
In SSRS, comments are available for reports to add collaboration with other users, and attachments with user comments can be integrated.
In Report Generator and SQL Server Data Tools, native DAX queries can be created for table data models supported by SQL Server Analysis Services.
SQL Server Master Data Services
In MDS, a sorted list on entities, collections, and hierarchies can be viewed via the Explorer page, and performance has been improved for serving millions of rows.
SQL Server Machine Learning Services
In SQL Server 2017 release, the previous SQL Server R Services have been renamed SQL Server Machine Learning Services, as Python is now supported in addition to the R programming language. The Machine Learning services can therefore be used to run Python or R scripts, to deploy R and Python models that do not require SQL Server, while the Microsoft Machine Learning server can be installed. Developers also have access to the ML and AI libraries for Python in the open source environment.
Use of Linux
Users can now also use Linux to access SQL Server; here, as with C++ applications, the connection to SQL Server 2017 is through the Open Database Connectivity interface. Likewise, Java applications can also be used through the Java Database Connectivity driver.
Technical specifications on performance and functionalities of SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Edition
Below is a brief overview of the performance and included features of SQL Server 2017 Enterprise for the key areas mentioned:
Compute capacity or performance
The SQL Server 2017 Enterprise areas listed below each provide the maximum of the operating system or memory:
- Per instance of the SQL Server database engine
- Per instance of SQL Server Analysis Services or Reporting Services
- Per instance of SQL Server memory for the buffer pool
- Per instance of the columnstore segment cache
- Per instance of Analysis Services
- Per instance of Reporting Services
- Relational database size: 524 PB
High availability specifications
The following SQL Server 2017 Enterprise functionalities, among others, provide high availability:
- Server Core support
- Log shipping
- Database mirroring and database snapshot
- Backup compression and encrypted backup
- Always On failover cluster instances and availability groups
- Online page and file recovery as well as online index creation and rebuild or resumable rebuild
- Adding storage while the system and CPU are running
- Availability groups with read scaling
Scalability and performance specifications
For the following features in SQL Server 2017 Enterprise:
- Large object binaries in grouped columnstore indexes, as well as online rebuild for ungrouped columnstore indexes
- In-memory OLTP
- Stretch Database
- Persistent main memory
- Multiple instance support
- Multiple filestream container support
- Buffer pool extension
- Table and index partitioning and parallel processing of partitioned tables
- Nested execution of table value functions
- Adaptive joins and memory allocation feedback in batch mode
- Publications with Oracle
- Peer-to-peer transaction as well as snapshot replication including updatable subscription for transaction replication
- SQL Server change tracking
- MDX editing, debugging and design tools
- IntelliSense with Transact-SQL and MDX
- SQL Server Data Tools
- Integration with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Creation of cubes without using the database
- Read-only, scalable configuration of Analysis Services
- Automatic generation of staging and data warehouse schemas
- Parallel query processing for partitioned tables and indexes
- Global batch aggregation
- Row-level security
- Always Encrypted
- Dynamic data masking
- Server and database monitoring
- Transparent database encryption, backup encryption, and extensible key management
- User-defined roles
- SQL Configuration Manager
- SQL Management Objects
- SQL CMD
- Distributed Replay: administrator tool, client and controller (up to 16 clients)
- SQL Profiler and Server Agent
Core licensing of SQL Server 2017 Enterprise
Only the core licensing introduced by Microsoft with the 2016 Server release applies to the SQL Server 2017 Enterprise edition. The Server/CAL licensing available for other editions is therefore not available here. Core-based licensing uses a different licensing metric than older versions of SQL Server, where it did not matter how many cores a processor contained: Now their number is the basis for determining license requirements. This licensing model by cores also applies to hybrid use and cloud deployments.
In cloud-compliant licensing, one core license is required for each of two cores. The total license requirement thus results from the maximum number of cores per processor. All physical cores of a server require their own core license. The minimum number of licenses per server is always eight. Microsoft has defined the following conditions for this:
- At least 8 core licenses are required for each processor
- At least 16 core licenses are required for each server
Core licenses for SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Edition are available as packages of 2.
Hardware and software requirements for installing SQL 2017 Enterprise 2-Core
Please note the following information when installing the Enterprise 2-Core edition of MS SQL Server 2017 to ensure optimal operation.
- Hard disk: 6 GB of available disk space, depending on the SQL Server components installed
- Memory minimum: 4 GB, although as database size increases, memory should be increased to ensure optimal SQL Server performance
- Processor type: x64 processor, e.g. AMD Opteron, AMD Athlon 64, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support, Intel Pentium IV with EM64T support - please note here:
- Processor speed: at least 1.4 GHz; recommended is 2.0 GHz or faster
- Installation: it is recommended to install on a computer with NTFS or ReFS file format - installation of SQL Server is further supported only on x64 processors, x86 processors are no longer supported
- SQL Server 2017 version requires .NET Framework 4.6 (SQL Server setup automatically installs .NET Framework), Master Data Services or replication
- Supported operating systems: Windows Server 2016 Datacenter, Standard, Essentials; Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter; Standard, Essentials, R2 Foundation; Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Standard, Essentials, Foundation
- Installation of SQL Server 2017 in Server Core mode is supported by the following Windows Server editions: Windows Server 2019 Standard, Datacenter; Windows Server 2016 Standard, Datacenter; Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, Datacenter; Windows Server 2012 Standard, Datacenter
- On 64-bit client operating systems, all SQL Server features are supported.
- On 32-bit client operating systems, SQL Server 2017 2-Core supports these features: SQL Client Connectivity SDK, Integration Services, Data Quality Client, Connectivity, and backward compatibility of Client Tools and Client Tools SDK, as well as Distributed Replay Components, Controller and Client, and Documentation Components
Important information about used software for Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core from Wiresoft
The offered used software for SQL Server 2017 Enterprise does not differ from a new SQL Server license in terms of its usability - also because software does not wear out. This is further characterized by the following features:
Origin of used SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-core licenses
The used SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core license software offered at Wiresoft originates from a company located in Europe, which purchased it and later sold it to Wiresoft. When reselling, the SQL Server license is marked as used software, but it can be used again like a new license.
Buyer security also for used SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core licenses
Wiresoft used software for SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core offers you as a customer the same advantages as the purchase of a new server software: buyer security through immediate download after completed purchase and immediate license activation with the supplied valid license key.
The purchase and use of used software for SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core is legal
As a Wiresoft customer, you can be sure that both your purchase and your actual use of SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core as used software do not violate any valid laws. This is because the SQL Server software offered in the Wiresoft Shop comes from a company's licensed inventory. The valid jurisdiction allows not only the trade with Microsoft used software, but also its actual use; these facts have already been confirmed by several court rulings.
Your other advantages with a used SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core software from Wiresoft
Used software from Wiresoft offers you the great advantage of being able to update your older software at a reasonable price, but also to be always up-to-date with the latest versions at a lower price than buying new hardware. Used software from Wiresoft is also characterized by the complete proof of all buyers and thus also offers you audit security!
At Wiresoft, you will not only find the SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core edition at a reasonable price as used software, but also other editions for SQL Server 2017 as well as for licensing based on Server/CAL licenses, as well as newer versions of Microsoft SQL Server; in addition, Wiresoft's used software portfolio also includes many other Microsoft programs - with all the advantages mentioned. If you have any questions regarding your core licensing of SQL Server 2017 Enterprise 2-Core, please feel free to use our competent advice via chat or by e-mail or phone.