New features in the Office 2016 programs
Office 2016 supplements the previous version with a number of individual functions, some of which are available across programs and provide useful support for the user in his work.
"You wish" (Tell Me) - for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and Access
In the menu bar of Office 2016, there is an operating wizard called "Tell Me" (German: "Sie wünschen"), recognizable by an icon in the shape of a light bulb. To use it, users simply type briefly into the input field next to it what they want to search for or do, and the wizard displays the corresponding process or offers further support.
Insights - for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
In order to check terms or facts contained in an Office document or to obtain explanations, it is sufficient to mark them and then click on them with the Bing-supported Intelligent Search to obtain corresponding search results. These are then displayed in the page area of the Office.
Simplified release - for Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Documents in the Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint can now be shared even more easily, including individual rights assignment. Users simply click on the "Share" button in the menu bar.
Improved version history - for Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Especially when several colleagues work together on the same document, it is important that earlier versions remain available. With the "Version History" function, these can be easily displayed and, of course, the respective editing states can be restored.
New chart types - for Word, Excel and PowerPoint
With the help of the new diagram types TreeMap, Waterfall, Pareto (bar chart), Histogram, Box Graph and Sunburst integrated in Office, users have access to additional informative graphics with which statistical as well as hierarchical and economic data can be clearly visualized.
OneDrive integration - for Word, Excel and PowerPoint
With the integration of OneDrive in Office 2016, users can now access Office from anywhere and from any device by saving them on OneDrive. This allows users to work on them from anywhere without having to save them locally on a PC or similar or USB stick - even together with others.
Data Loss Protection (DLP) - for Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The DLP function is now also available in Office 2016 for all Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents via SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. This allows administrators to centrally create and manage policies for content creation and document approval. End users can see notices or restrictions on document sharing when the app detects a potential risk.
Program specific individual functions in Office 2016
In addition to these comprehensive functions, Office 2016 also provides new features and improvements for the programs available in each edition:
New Word features in Office 2016
The following functions make working together on a Word document even more productive:
- Real-time input: If several colleagues are working together on the same Word document, the real-time input shows where they are currently making changes so that these can be checked or followed immediately.
- Save in attached folder: By attaching a folder to a Word document, users can access it and the documents even faster and more conveniently via a jumplist.
- Comments function: Word 2016 word processing with Word 2016 is now much more comfortable with the improved function, because not only are all comments in the Word document concerned, but you can also reply to them directly without having to write an e-mail. This makes working together on a document even clearer.
- PDF in Word: Instead of copying the contents of a PDF, it is even easier to open it directly in Word in Word for Office 2016; not only the text but also all graphic elements are transferred and can now be freely edited. Finally, this Word file can also be saved again in PDF format.
New Excel functions in Office 2016
In addition to the new chart types already mentioned, Excel also contains extensions to existing functions and new tools:
- PROGNOSE: With the PROGNOSE.ETS function, it is possible to extrapolate time series into data based on exponential smoothing with the established ETS algorithm (Exponential Smoothing) in order to generate short-term alternative forecasts and then make these available as a so-called forecast sheet.
- Interactive diagrams in pivot tables: These newly integrated business intelligence software solutions provide a better overview, especially in complex pivot tables. This includes functions such as the automatic grouping of temporal values by quarter or month and drilldown navigation, which is frequently used in online analytical processing (OLAP).
- LET function: This makes it possible to name ranges within a formula, which improves the computing power in Excel as well as the readability and combinability.
- View filter: To maintain the clarity of an Excel file while working together, the filter view can be used to hide the sort orders and filters of other users.
New Outlook features in Office 2016
The following functions not only efficiently organize the daily flood of e-mails, but also make it easier to find content and documents.
- Overview for file attachments: When sending an attachment in Outlook 2016 by e-mail, the program offers the most recently used documents clearly arranged in a list.
- Share documents: Documents can also be shared via OneDrive or SharePoint, including the configuration of sharing permissions.
- Clutter function: This tool automatically sorts unimportant e-mails into a separate folder. However, so that they are not overlooked, Outlook sends a daily summary of the e-mails stored there.
- Simplified search: Using the "New search area" drop-down list, the search can be modified by changing the current folder or mailbox.
New PowerPoint features in Office 2016
The new Outlook functions improve, among other things, time management when presenting and
offer a practical way to highlight content:
- More concise illustration with a brush: To highlight certain elements or sequences during a presentation, presenters can use the integrated brush to direct the attention of the audience instead of using a laser pointer or even a stick as before. By doing this in presentation mode, the original PowerPoint presentation remains unchanged.
- Share function: Thanks to the clearer design of the share function, presentations can now be published more easily and quickly via social media.
- Timetracking: Put an end to excessively long presentations and difficulties in using the given presentation time too efficiently: Time-tracking improves personal time management, because it shows the presenter the time spent during the presentation, so he/she can react and make adjustments at any time.
New OneNote features in Office 2016
OneNote makes sharing information and ideas with others even more convenient:
- Share notebooks: Important information such as photos, drawings, videos, etc. can be collected and synchronized in a central location for more efficient project collaboration.
- Inserting video: Videos from Office Mix, Vimeo and YouTube can now be easily integrated into a page in OneNote.
- Create notes directly on a web page: With the new browser for Windows 10, Microsoft Edge, users can easily write notes or markups on a web page and share them through OneNote.
New Access features in Office 2016
Access also offers some additions in Office 2016. These include the new data type BigInt, which makes the program more compatible with Windows SQL Server, and support for dBASE has been reintroduced. Furthermore, it is now possible to export data sources linked to Access as reference lists in Excel. Tables can now be easily added while working by activating "Add tables".
New Publisher Features in Office 2016
The Microsoft DTP software Publisher 2016 with its self-explanatory operating concepts and numerous templates can also be used by beginners to create high-quality looking print media such as flyers or brochures. Images can be edited directly in the program, print templates can be created with millimetre precision and can be used seamlessly by other software programs and services.
System requirements for Office 2016:
MS Office is available in a 32-bit and a 64-bit version; individual hardware requirements may therefore differ.
- Operating system: Windows 7 or higher, Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012, Windows 10 Server, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Processor: x86 or x64 bit processor with at least 1 GHz and SSE2
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (32-bit version), 2 GB RAM (64-bit version)
- Hard disk space: min. 3.0 GB free
- Display: min. 1024 x 768
- Graphics card: DirectX 10 graphics card required for graphics hardware acceleration
Buy MS Office 2016 cheap at Wiresoft in the online shop
At Wiresoft you will find the following two editions of the Office 2016 version - with the respective integrated programs:
Office 2016 Standard
- Word 2016
- Excel 2016
- PowerPoint 2016
- Outlook 2016
- Publisher 2016
Office 2016 Professional Plus
- Word 2016
- Excel 2016
- PowerPoint 2016
- OneNote 2016
- Outlook 2016
- Publisher 2016
- Access 2016
If you buy an edition of Office 2016 with Wiresoft, you will benefit from the following advantages in addition to the fabulous price of Used Software:
- With every Microsoft Office 2016 license that you purchase from Wiresoft, you will receive a software product that you use exclusively by yourself.
- Any Office software previously used by a first-time buyer was uninstalled when it was sold to Wiresoft, so the license is now 100% free and usable again.
- All individual licenses originating from volume licenses have been thoroughly tested by Wiresoft for their actual perfect usability after purchase.
- Wiresoft, as a serious software dealer, does not offer test versions in its online shop that are valid for a limited period of time or that have restricted functions.
- When purchasing a license from Wiresoft, you can always be sure that you are purchasing an original Microsoft product in compliance with the legal requirements and that you are not in a legal grey area.
If you have any questions about purchasing a license for Microsoft Office 2016 Standard, Professional or other Microsoft software products, please contact us by e-mail, phone or chat.